We are heading in to summer time and there are always a bunch of fun events in San Diego for people to come in to town for (Comic-Con, Padres Games, the Zoo etc). Because there have been issues in the past at Alta with residents renting their units out for less than the required 30 day rental period, we want to provide some friendly reminders about what is and is not allowed. As fines for violating the minimal rental period are step and you could be fined up to $5,000 per day the unit is rented under the 30 day minimum rental period. Below are the building rules regarding rental requirements and attached is some information we have gathered about how short term rentals affect the building and other city and state codes that are in place. Please reach out to Management if you have any questions or concerns regarding this information.
RENTAL OF RESIDENTIAL CONDOMINIUMS
- Rental. An Owner shall be entitled to rent the Owner’s entire Residential Condominium (but not a portion thereof) for a term of not less than thirty (30) days. The Owner shall be responsible for all actions of the tenant and shall comply with the following guidelines.2. Written Lease or Rental Agreement. Any rental or leasing agreement shall be in writing, shall provide that the lease or rental is subject to the Governing Documents and shall provide that any failure to comply with any provision of the Declaration or the Governing Documents shall be a default under the terms of the lease agreement. A copy of any lease agreement shall be provided to the Association.
- Compliance with Governing Documents. A copy of the Governing Documents and this Project Handbook shall be provided by the Owner to each tenant. The leasing Owner is responsible for its tenant’s compliance with all of the provisions of the Declaration and Project Handbook pursuant to the occupancy and use of the Condominium at all times.
- Property Manager Notification. All Owners who rent their Condominiums must notify the Property Manager within seven (7) days of signing a lease agreement. At the time of notification, such Owner will be provided a “Lease Acknowledgement Form” to certify (i) that such Owner acknowledges and accepts he/she remains responsible for its tenant’s compliance with the terms of the this Project Handbook and all other Governing Documents pursuant to the occupancy and use of the Condominium; and (ii) that the lease or rental agreement complies with all the requirements set forth in this section. The Lease Acknowledgment Form must be filled out and signed by the leasing Owner and all its tenants.
- Access. All Owners are responsible for providing their tenants with key fobs and explaining all access procedures for their leased Condominiums and the Project. No additional key fobs will be issued to any new tenant. All leasing Owners must provide the key fobs issued at their move-in to their tenants. The Property Manager will not conduct any type of orientation for new tenants.
- Association Amenities. Except to the extent reasonably necessary to enforce its rights under a rental or lease agreement, an Owner shall have no personal privileges to use the Association Property, including all the recreational amenities at ALTA. Each leasing Owner’s rights to use the amenities at the Project transfer to the tenant during the entire term of a rental or lease agreement. However, a leasing Owner retains limited rights to access into the Common Area to the extent necessary to enforce the terms of its rental or lease agreement.
- Insurance. All Owners should ensure their tenants maintain the appropriate renter’s insurance in sufficient amounts to cover the cost of replacement of all such tenants’ personal property and liability at the Project during the entire term of their respective lease agreements. Since each insurance carrier may vary in policy, it is each Owner’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate type of insurance for such Owner’s Condominium while it is leased and that the form of such insurance, including all coverage amounts, complies with such Owner’s obligations under the applicable Governing Documents. Depending on the insurance carrier, an Owner may be required to change their property insurance coverage to a commercial or other type of business policy as dictated by such Owner’s individual insurance carrier. Neither the Association, nor the Property Manager, may advise you on such matters.
- No Hotel, etc. No Condominium may be rented for hotel, motel or transient purposes or for any other purpose inconsistent with the Declaration.
The Board of Directors would like to get your feedback on some potential upgrades around the building that have been suggested by residents or Management over the last several months. This feedback will help the Board gauge the what items are important to the residents and provide them an additional tool when making important decisions on behalf of the owners at Alta. At the bottom of the survey there is an additional comment section for any feedback or recommendations we may have not mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to answer the survey below and let us know if you have any questions or concerns prior to completing it.
Recently the Board of Directors approved the emergency key availability for residents to extend beyond business hours to now reflect the after hour schedule the guards are onsite at Alta. If you get locked out of your unit or lose your keys and have provided an updated key to Management, you can reach out to the guard in the lobby and request your key to be used to open your door and get back in your unit. In order to be eligible for this process the following things needs to happen.
1) You need to have an updated key on file. Please make sure you have done this if you have not already!
2) You need to be listed on the current active roster which is updated weekly. If you are unsure about being on the roster, check with the guard to see if you are on the list. If not, you can fill out the attached resident information form and submit with an updated copy of your lease agreement to Management or the guard.
3) You will need to provide a form of ID to the guard, either before he retrieves the key or if ID is in the unit, it can be provided to the guard after the unit is open with the emergency key.
4) The requesting resident needs to sign the emergency key log with the guard.
Once these steps have been completed, the guard will go to the emergency lock box and retrieve your key. He will escort you up to the unit and open the door. The key will then be put back in the emergency key box by the guard for future use. We hope this additional unit access option is a big help to residents in case of an emergency as this is not meant to be used to let friends in, use multiple times per week/month etc. If the program is being abused, the Board has the option to limit the available time the keys can be retrieved by the building staff. Please reach out to Management if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.
Monday – 5:00pm-1:00am Thursday – 5:00pm -1:00am
Tuesday – 5:00pm -1:00am Friday – 3:00pm – Sunday 11:00pm
Wednesday – 5:00pm – 1:00am
Recently the sewer sump pumps failed due to the amount of debris/wipes that is being flushed down the unit toilets on a regular basis. Because of this, the drain lines backed up and caused water to come out of the overflow drains in the P3 garage level. Please keep in mind you should only flush toilet paper down the toilet as things like baby wipes, tampons, applicators, and condoms are not to be flushed down the toilet for any reason. High rise buildings like Alta have different plumbing set ups than single family homes, thus debris in the system as described can cause the pumps to fail or the drains to back up. If this continues the Association will have to spend extra money pumping the sewer pit and cleaning the pumps out on a more regular basis, which is extremely expensive. Work like this will end up causing an increase in dues as it will have to be budget for the upcoming year. Please be mindfulness of the recommendations of Management and the Association so we can keep the cost of repairs and replacement down for emergency plumbing services. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Pro-Tec Window Services will be onsite cleaning the exterior windows Monday, May 14, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Please make sure that all your windows are closed every day so that they are cleaned and that you do not experience water runoff from windows around yours being cleaned.
The cleaning schedule is as follows:
5/14-5/15 Island Avenue
5/16-5/17 6th Avenue
5/18-5/21 Market St
5/22-5/23 7th Ave
5/24-5/25 Lower Windows/Lobby/CVS
5/28 Cleaning up/Touch ups
SCHEDULE GENERAL NOTES:
- While this schedule is intended to provide an accurate timeline, it is impossible to foresee all conditions affecting this schedule. Therefore, the Start and Finish dates listed may vary by plus or minus one day, unless otherwise communicated.
- The Start and Finish dates shown are based on the relevant information available to us at the time this schedule was created and do not take into account changes resulting from, but not limited to, weather, equipment complications, and access to building.
We appreciate all your cooperation during this work. Thank you!!
On Monday, April 16th through Wednesday, April 18th the 7th Ave hallway on the first floor will be closed for cleaning, preparation and application of an epoxy coating. During this time the area will be closed off to residents for access, move and deliveries, so please do not schedule anything during this time frame and exit/enter the building at a different location.
Please be advised that on Wednesday, April 4th from 9:00am until approximately 4:00pm, XYG Services will be onsite to complete the repair/replacement of several valves throughout the building.
During this time, the hot and cold water supply will be shut down to the entire building, so please plan accordingly.
We hope to have the water restored prior to 4:00pm and will send correspondence when the water will be turned back on.
The Social Committee at Alta wanted to throw a get together for the residents in the community to have a chance to get acquainted and enjoy our facility. Internet Vendor Webpass will be providing street tacos for this event, dont be shy, stop by and introduce yourself. Come join us on Saturday, April 14th from 4:00pm-6:00pm. See you there!
The Board of Directors recently approved the purchase of new parking placards for use in the five (5) guest parking spaces. There are a few ways to receive the new guest parking placards 1) Pick the pass up in the 2nd floor Management office (you can pick up any time during office hours). 2) Request the pass be mailed to you. 3) Pick the pass up from the security desk after hours/weekends. If the parking placards are not picked up by Monday, April 16th by an authorized owner/tenant, the placards will be held in the office until correspondence is sent to Management. It will be the owner’s/tenants responsibility to ensure the placards are received before the enforcement date of Monday, April 16th. The placards must be hung on the rear view mirror or be placed on the dash board so the permit number can be easily seen by the Association staff.
Please keep in mind the old orange placards are no longer valid once the new placards take effect on Monday, April 16th.
Vehicles not displaying the new parking placard in guest parking spots by Monday, April 16th, will be towed immediately at the owner’s expense.
« Newer EntriesOlder Entries »
Recently one of the members of the Board of Directors, Byron Newby resigned and will be stepping down once the position has been filled. The Board of Directors is looking for volunteers to fill his position which has a term of nine (9) months remaining. Once this term expires, you would have to re-run at the upcoming November election to continue on for another two (2) years. If you would like to be considered for this position for the next nine (9) months, please reach out to Management, fill out and return a candidate questionnaire in order to be considered for this position. The deadline to return this document is Wednesday, March 7th, if it is not returned by this date your request will not be considered. Once the statements are received, the Board will vote a new member to fill the vacancy at the March 14th Open Session meeting. Please reach out to management if you have any questions or concerns regarding this information.